HOME > MARKETS > COMMERCIAL AEROSPACE
Every day thousands of commercial airliners around the world safely take off and land due to the highly engineered products of Curtiss-Wright. Since our founders, the Wright brothers and Glenn Curtiss, pioneered the early days of aviation, we have fostered an innovative spirit for advanced technology development in commercial aerospace.
Today, Curtiss-Wright provides products and services that operate the aircraft flight control surfaces and communicate vital data on flight conditions within and surrounding the aircraft.
High-performance products and services for commercial
aerospace applications include:
- Actuation systems extend and retract a wing’s leading-edge slats and trailing-edge flaps, allowing an airliner to take off and land at lower speeds, thereby increasing passenger safety and reducing runway lengths. Auxiliary systems automates cargo and other utility functions.
- Sensors for flight control, fire, snow and ice detection and data recording ensure the most critical monitoring of flight operations.
- Rotor Ice Protection System (RIPS) senses and removes icy buildup on helicopter blades to enable safe flight during severe weather conditions.
- Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul services support our products from cradle to grave. Our commitment to performance is demonstrated in our full life cycle customer support.
- Metal treatment services enhance the durability of highly stressed metal components, reducing costs for manufacturing, maintenance and repairs:
- Shot peening strengthens critical components, extending their useful life;
- Shot peen forming provides precision shaping of a wing’s aerodynamic curvature;
- Specialty coatings lubricate and protect structural fasteners;
- Laser peening provides maximum strengthening of critical components with surgical precision in highly stressed locations.
From passenger planes to business jets and helicopters, Curtiss-Wright supports the full spectrum of aviation platforms.
BACK TO TOP