HOME > MARKETS > OIL AND GAS
Safety and efficiency, combined with long-term reliability, are the hallmarks
that established Curtiss-Wright as a market leader in critical function applications. Curtiss-Wright’s products apply the engineering expertise and rigorous requirements of military and nuclear markets to critical function applications in the oil and gas market. The advanced, proprietary technologies developed by Curtiss-Wright help ensure optimal efficiency and flexibility in oil and gas refineries globally, while greatly improving worker safety by eliminating potentially deadly hazards.
With more than 50 years of process control experience, Curtiss-Wright’s safety relief valves and control systems are accepted as industry standard in major refineries throughout the world. Integrating our core hardware with technology, we originated computer software to assist customers in the sizing and selection of thousands of valves, providing service and delivery second to none. In addition, we continue to develop innovative solutions for advanced, secondary processing techniques, such as delayed coking and catalytic cracking, which enable processing of heavier grades of crude oil as well as enhanced extraction.
Severe service, critical function products for the processing market
- Slide, Boltless, Solenoid, Gate, Globe and Butterfly Valves – From standard to customized options, diameters from 4 to 140 inches and weights up to 100 tons, many of our products are patented technologies
that are second to none;
- Hermetically sealed valves eliminate fugitive emissions during processing, thereby protecting personnel and the environment;
- Safety and pressure relief valves prevent plant malfunctions by ensuring that systems and components operate within an acceptable range;
- DeltaValve provides the first fully automated, inherently safe system for releasing residual coke from large pressurized drums during crude oil processing;
- Control Systems – Electro-hydraulic (analog and digital), pneumatic, electric systems provide significant safety and operational enhancements;
- Condition Monitoring electronics utilize embedded sensors to provide advanced monitoring that not only detects existing problems, but can actually predict when and where a problem is likely to occur, helping to eliminate unplanned outages – all via the Internet;
- Digital Valve Controllers (DVC) provide local and remote (network or internet) control of valve actuators.
Through a user-friendly graphical interface, the DVC permits adjustment of valve parameters, tests dynamic performance, logs events and detects faults;
- Fluidic Catalytic Cracking systems promote efficient and reliable operation during high temperature (up to 1400°F), highly pressurized secondary processing;
- Engineering Software that is advancing industry safety and efficiency
- Valve selection software simplifies the highly technical valve selection process by calculating the requirements for any process scenario or combination of scenarios (such as blocked flow, fire vapor generation or liquid expansion);
- Process safety management software ensures plant safety systems are properly designed and maintained;
- Engineering Services – installation, system inspection, training, maintenance and repair programs support the customer throughout the operating lifecycle.
Other key development programs underway include subsea and spool pumps, transfer and mixer pumps for hazardous waste and high speed motor compressors. Many of our products for this market represent the successful extrapolation of military technologies to other critical applications. These products have been developed using government (CRADA, DARPA, DOE) or matching partner/customer funding.
BACK TO TOP